Software Developer (Entry Level)
Location: Union Square Office, New York City
Are you passionate about clean code and modern application architecture design? Are you a technically-inclined team-player? Do you pride yourself on staying up-to-date with the latest in business application trends?
Then this job might be for you.
At Elevate HR, we believe that people are the dynamic engines of company growth. Come work hand-in-hand with us, a uniquely-skilled Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Cloud Service Provider, to build and deliver our unrivaled Identify Access Management (IAM) and Human Capital Management (HCM) software and consulting services for companies across the globe.
As an entry-level software developer, you will work collaboratively with product designers and other software developers to design and create new software modules, enhancements, and features for Elevate HR’s business application suite. As a key member of our product team, you will work directly with business owners to shape product direction and bring new features to market.
Your profile for success at Elevate HR
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Driven to hit deadlines; detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Flexible, open minded, adaptable to project exigencies
- Curious, with a strong desire to learn and ability to learn independently
- Ability to take direction as well as lead others who need direction
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
A few boxes you’ll need to check:
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree from a top accredited university, with an exceptional academic track record
- Experience with Azure or other cloud development
- Knowledge of relational database architecture and design
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, C#, .NET Core, Java script, JSON required
- Experience with front end development using JQuery, CSS, HTML 5Comprehension of MS SQL
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Ability to travel to customer locations for requirements gathering and implementation tasks (10-20%), if needed
- Residence in or within easy daily commuting distance from Manhattan, NY
- Authorization to work in the United States now and in the future
A year in the life:
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specifications
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates
- Develop software according to written technical specifications
- Code to established standards and best practices
- Perform testing of programs to established standards
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects
- Perform maintenance programming and correct identified defects
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Manage individual scope of work
What’s in it for you?
We regularly invest time in your future, and we show this in several ways – clear job responsibilities and expectations for your career path, freedom to move between internal teams, travel opportunities to Elevate HR and customer offices around the globe, and chances to learn and access new Microsoft technologies.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday time
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
Elevate HR, Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants with active, current
authorization to work in the U.S. will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Skills and Experience
Development SQL .Net CORE; Visual Studio C#, Agile Methodology